Evening parties are anticipated by attendees who are ready to relax and have fun after a day of classes, workshops and training sessions. The last thing you want to do is disappoint them. Party theme ideas can help you meet those expectations.
Party Theme Ideas
Choose a fun and exciting theme as a treat for your attendees. The goal is to give them a night they will long remember once your event is over. A themed party, when carried off correctly, can serve as a positive reinforcement for your event.
Attendees will share photos of their fun time on social media and tell associates and friends about your event. This can be some of the best advertising you’ll ever get – for free. Consider your gala as an investment that will reap you future returns. A few party themes include:
A little anonymity can be an effective ice breaker for any event. You can set a specific theme for your party or leave it open to however attendees wish to dress. Be sure you include a few guidelines on the kind of attire, especially things that aren’t acceptable.
Traditionally a masquerade party features a midnight unmasking, but most event parties end long before twelve o’clock. Allow enough time for guests to enjoy discovering who’s who. A good marker is half-way through the party.
- You can set a theme within the masquerade theme, such as attendees dressing as their favorite person. This could be a favorite chef, dancer, martial arts champion, escape artist and so on.
- Hold a costume contest with the unmasking to follow.
- Living Magazine suggests hiring a string quartet to play classical music. This will give your masquerade party a feel of authenticity for an elegant and romantic evening.
- If classical music isn’t your style, choose another music genre. For example, you may prefer to hire a jazz singer accompanied by a pianist or a band.
- Don’t skimp on your decorations. Create an elegant magical look with lots of sparkle, miniature lights, drapery, glitter and gold accents.
- Serve foods that reflect the festive mood of this extravagant party.
Murder Mystery Dinner Party
You can combine two events into one with a murder mystery dinner. Once the mystery is solved, Guests can take to the dance floor. Depending on your budget, you can put your own mystery troupe together complete with a game that includes the script. If your event is large, then you’ll want to hire an entertainment company that specializes in dinner theater. It’s more cost effective if you can hire a local entertainment company for your dinner theater.
- The play will typically last 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Some companies also offer catering for the dinner.
- Make sure your venue can accommodate everything needed to host a dinner theater.
Celebrate your event with a blow-out Mardi Gras party filled with the exotic and of course, jazz.
- Beads are a must. These can be spread out on the tables and offered to attendees when they enter the party.
- Supply guests with masks or set up a sell table with other related items.
- Decorate with the Mardi Gras colors of purple, gold and aquamarine.
- Hold a costume contest and award prizes.
Party Theme Ideas Relative to Your Business
You may prefer to select a party theme that relates specifically to your business, such as famous art period theme. You might choose the Renaissance or Impressionist period theme for a paint and sip shop event party. Decide which party theme best suits your event and go all out to make it a night that attendees will long remember.