Finding perfect event venues is easier said than done. Not only do you have to find the right venue, in the right location, at the right time, but you have to compete with every other event planner out there trying to secure the same perfect venue. It’s enough to make your head spin, or at least make you turn to out of the ordinary venues that might be capable of hosting your event.
Breweries May Be Perfect Event Venues
If you haven’t considered a brewery for an event venue, you may want to take a second look. Many of these locations offer alcohol, food, and large meeting spaces. Although it might not be ideal for a high brow affair, if you just need a large meeting space for the ordinary business person, then it works very well.
Many breweries offer a pretty large area where people can gather. If you rent out the entire place, it will provide you with a restaurant type venue where you can host your event. Of course, the interior varies widely from venue to venue, but imagine an awards banquet help at this type of venue. Or, perhaps you wish to offer samples of some of your best products or host an event for a variety of vendors. Some events that work well with such a large, open space include:
- Award dinners
- One-time speeches
- Wedding receptions
- Family events
- Special smaller industry events with vendor booths
Food & Beverage
Some breweries offer food and some do not. Some offer only beer and some offer other beverages. You’ll need to get in touch with the manager of the brewery you are considering and find out the following:
- Does the brewery offer catering for large events?
- Can you bring in your own food or caterer?
- What types of charges are involved? Is there a fee for renting the space? What about if attendees purchase drinks? Is there still a charge?
- What beverage options are there?
- Is there a way to make the event friendly for under 21? For example, if you have someone who is 19, can they attend if they do not drink alcohol?
On-Site Event Planners
Larger breweries may have in-house event planners that can help you plan your event. Some venues have outdoor areas that can utilized for part or all of the event. An on-site event planner can help you navigate issues such as:
- Will centerpieces be provided?
- Is there any sound equipment available?
- Where can attendees park?
- What is the overall cost per person?
- If the venue doesn’t offer food, the event planner may know of a caterer in the area.
Drawbacks to Brewery Events
Obviously, there are a few drawbacks to choosing to have your event at a brewery. For example, the space may be limited, so if you get a bigger registration than expected you may not have room to accommodate additional attendees. Food and drinks may be an issue. You will not have equipment such as projectors.
To Brewery or Not?
All in all, a brewery is a unique and excellent choice for a small event. Even though you will run into some limitations, you’ll also likely save a lot of money on event space. Most breweries will be happy for the business and will work with you to ensure that your event is the absolute best it can be.